The Ethereum blockchain enables more open, inclusive, and secure business networks, shared operating models, more efficient processes, reduced costs, and new products and services in banking and finance. It enables digital securities to be issued within shorter periods of time, at lower unit costs, with greater levels of customization. Digital financial instruments may thus be tailored to investor demands, expanding the market for investors, decreasing costs for issuers, and reducing counterparty risk.
Over the last five years, the technology has matured for enterprise-grade use demonstrating the following benefits:
- Security: Its distributed consensus based architecture eliminates single points of failure and reduces the need for data intermediaries such as transfer agents, messaging system operators and inefficient monopolistic utilities. Ethereum also enables implementation of secure application code designed to be tamper-proof against fraud and malicious third parties— making it virtually impossible to hack or manipulate.
- Transparency: It employs mutualized standards, protocols, and shared processes, acting as a single shared source of truth for network participants
- Trust: Its transparent and immutable ledger makes it easy for different parties in a business network to collaborate, manage data, and reach agreements
- Programmability: It supports the creation and execution of smart contracts— tamper proof, deterministic software that automates business logic – creating increased trust and efficiency
- Privacy: It provides market-leading tools for granular data privacy across every layer of the software stack, allowing selective sharing of data in business networks. This dramatically improves transparency, trust and efficiency while maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- High-Performance: It’s private and hybrid networks are engineered to sustain hundreds of transactions per second and periodic surges in network activity
- Scalability: It supports interoperability between private and public chains, offering each enterprise solution the global reach, tremendous resilience, and high integrity of the mainnet